Do you want to complain about your health or social care?
We can help you:
NHS Complaints Advocacy is here to help you to make a complaint about your NHS care or treatment in Bedford Borough, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Derbyshire, Dudley, Hertfordshire, Leicester City, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Luton, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire, Peterborough, Rutland, Sandwell, Shropshire, Solihull, Stoke on Trent, Telford and Wrekin, Thurrock, Waltham Forest and Warwickshire.
NHS Complaints Advocacy is free, confidential and independent of the NHS.
- Support you to make a complaint about the service, care or treatment provided by the NHS, including complaints about your GP, dentist, local hospital, ambulance service or pharmacy,
- Support you with a complaint about health and social care,
- Support you to make an NHS complaint on someone else's behalf, including if someone has died,
- Listen to your concerns,
- Signpost you to the right organisation if we think that someone else can be of more help than we can,
- Answer questions about the NHS complaints procedure and explain your options,
- Provide a step by step guide to making an NHS complaint and offer some tips,
- Provide you with a POhWER advocate, an experienced worker who can help you make your complaint and support you through the NHS complaints process,
- Support you to write a complaint letter, attend a complaint meeting, request access to medical records and refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) if the local service is unable to resolve your complaint.
To find out more about the role of the Ombudsman in investigating complaints, see the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman's website.
- Read our website
- Listen to our webpages in many languages using ROKTALK
- Adjust the text size
- Print in other languages
You can make a complaint by yourself using our self help guides to making a complaint. To get started tick below:
If you think you need more support we can provide a local advocate to help you with your NHS complaint. To get started tick below:
If you are in prison and have a complaint about your NHS healthcare ring this number: 0300 456 4214
There are some things that the NHS complaints procedure doesn't cover:
Listen to Kiran's story
Kiran Sahota lost her grandmother in regrettable circumstances at Birmingham City Hospital and turned to POhWER for help.
We provide leaflets and information in a variety of languages and formats, easy read, audio and DVDs. We have access to translation and interpreting services. We use communication toolkits, Makaton and other signing techniques.
We are open:
- Monday to Friday - 8.00am and 6.00pm
Outside these hours leave us a message by phone or email us. We will always get back to you within one working day.
NHS Complaints in BSL Sign Language