West Midlands > Warwickshire

POhWER has worked in Warwickshire since 2006. Last year we provided advocacy support to 146 Warwickshire residents via our NHS complaints and General Health Advocacy Services.

We offer the following services in Warwickshire:

  • NHS Complaints Advocacy for people who wish to make a complaint about treatment provided under the NHS.
  • General Health Advocacy support for people undergoing NHS treatment, or are who are about to be discharged from hospital, and need help to resolve an issue that affects health and well-being. You must be aged 18 or over; registered with a GP practice within Warwickshire or usually resident in Warwickshire; have a physical disability or health issues or be over 65 and have a mental health issue.
  • Volunteering in Warwickshire. If you would like to apply all you need to do is fill in the online application form and a member of our volunteer team will contact you to talk to you in more detail about local volunteer opportunities in your area.

How do I get support from an advocate?

To make a referral to the advocacy services in Warwickshire, you can download the forms below:

If you are not sure whether you can get an advocate, or for more information, advice and support in your area, please contact us on 0300 456 2370 or email [email protected].

Local Resources

Support with going Home from Hospital

Read Penny’s story about how the General Health Advocacy Project supported her discharge from hospital ensuring that Penny was able to be fully involved in her care and discharge planning and that her rights were upheld.

Read Penny's story here Read more stories here